What You Need
This recipe takes a bit more time than 30 minutes, but it is well worth the wait!
- 1 pot of Insanely Good Fresh Classic Pasta Sauce
- 2 chicken thighs and 2 chicken breasts (with skin and backbone on, halved crosswise, to give you six pieces of chicken in total)
- 1 large onion diced
- 2-3 cloves garlic minced
- ½ cup plain flour for dredging
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 T olive oil
- 1 large red or yellow bell pepper coarsely chopped
- ¾ cup dry white wine (or use a dry red if you prefer)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ½ Tsp. dried oregano leaves and a handful of fresh, coarsely chopped basil leaves to garnish and of course
To start, sprinkle the chicken pieces liberally with salt and pepper, then dredge them in the flour to coat lightly. In a large, deep sauté pan heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken pieces to the pan and cook until golden, roughly 5 minutes per side. If all the chicken pieces do not fit into your pan at once, simply cook in batches and set aside as you brown your meat.
When this is finished, set all browned chicken aside on a separate plate, turn the heat down to medium and add your onion, bell pepper and garlic to the pan. If there are any burned or over-browned bits in the pan, remove them and add a bit more olive oil to the pan before sautéing your vegetables. Cook the vegetables for about 5 minutes, season with salt and pepper, then add the wine and simmer until reduced by half, 3-5 minutes. Add to this mixture 1 pot of Insanely Good™ Fresh Classic Pasta Sauce, the oregano and bay leaf. Return the chicken pieces to the pan and turn them to coat in the sauce. Simmer uncovered, 30-40 minutes or until chicken is fork-tender. Serve with either fluffy rice or the more traditional pasta. We like linguini or penne. Pass around the crusty French bread to soak up the sauce. Talk about heaven!
Insanely Good Tip!
Save this hearty dish for the weekend, when you’re relaxed and have a bit more time to cook.