Linguini with Italian Meatballs Dinner
What You Need
- 1 Pot Insanely Good Fresh Classic Bolognese Sauce
- 500g minced beef
- 50g white breadcrumbs, fresh or dried
- 50g grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 75g grated mozzarella cheese
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley, stems removed & finely chopped
- 1 large egg
- Sea salt (to your own taste)
- Freshly ground black pepper (to your own taste)
- 400g Linguini or Penne Pasta
To start, preheat oven to 180°C. Line a metal baking tray with parchment paper to prevent meatballs from sticking. Combine all ingredients (except sauce & pasta) in a large mixing bowl and blend with hands thoroughly. Shape meat into golf ball-sized meatballs with hands and place onto baking tray. Bake in the centre of the oven for 20-25 minutes. Test one meatball by cutting in half to see if cooked through to centre.
While meatballs are cooking, boil the kettle and then fill a large saucepan with the boiled water. Add to this a pinch of salt and a drop of olive oil, and your linguini or chosen pasta. Follow the cooking time indicated on the packet. Stir occasionally with a fork. While the pasta is cooking, gently heat 1 pot of Insanely Good Fresh Classic Bolognese Sauce in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Drain your pasta when cooked, return to the hot pan and swirl with a nob of butter or a drop of olive oil. When meatballs are cooked transfer them to a warmed casserole dish and pour the Bolognese sauce over the meatballs. Plate up your pasta and meatballs, and serve this fabulous dinner with crusty bread and a glass of your favourite Red wine. Now that’s Italian!
Insanely Good Tip!
When cooking pasta, the trick here is to use a large pan and plenty of boiled water so the pasta can move easily in the pan while cooking. This will allow your pasta to cook evenly.
Only 25 mins